CHCS 24th AGM & 7th Annual Lectures
We are pleased to announce the date and venue for our 24th AGM and 7th Annual Lectures.
Download the Formal Notice calling the AGM.
The Lectures and AGM are open only to current CHCS members and invited guests of the CHCS Council. We'd be pleased to welcome non-members, who can Join CHCS then attend the event.
A provisional agenda for the meeting will be released nearer the event.
Under the Constitution any member may request additional items to be placed on the agenda by giving notice in writing to the Chairman at least 10 calendar days in advance of the AGM (4th November).
Nominations for Officers and Council membership (other than those existing Officers and Council members offering themselves for re-election) are required at least 30 days before the AGM (15th October).
Reports from the Officers and Sub-Groups will be sent not later than 7 days prior to the meeting.
Please note the meeting will commence promptly at 10:00 am. Coffee and tea will be available from 9:30 am and lunch will be provided at approximately 1:00 pm.
Provisional Annual Lecture Program
We are delighted to announce the first of our confirmed speakers for the Annual Lectures:
- Darren Freezor, Department for Transport – ADR: what’s new for 2019: Round-up of transport of dangerous goods legislation changes
- Gene Sanders, W. E. Train Consulting - Two Countries Divided by a Common Language : What to be aware of when exporting dangerous goods to the USA
- Leo McDaid, HSE - Brexit and the future of UK chemicals regulation: Brexit impacts on chemicals legislation
- Dr Carol Treasure, XCellR8 Ltd - Advances in in-vitro testing: Advances in in-vitro testing for regulatory compliance in the chemical industry
- Mark Pemberton, GlobalMSDS Ltd – Intelligence based systems and databases for improving SDS and compliance
This program is still only provisional. Many thanks to our speakers for offering to attend.
This year we will again be hosting a small table-top exhibition, featuring companies providing products and services to the “chemical hazard” community.
If you would like to exhibit, please contact the CHCS Office.
Many thanks to our confirmed exhibitors:
Booking attendance at this AGM confirms that you already are a paid-up member or will be paying the membership subscription invoice that will have been issued to you.
CHCS Reserves the right to alter or cancel at any time due to circumstances beyond our control.
Substitutes are NOT accepted at this event.
CHCS is delighted to have an arrangement with the US-based Society for Chemical Hazard Communication (SCHC) whereby SCHC members can attend CHCS events at CHCS member-only rates and vice versa. If you are a member of SCHC and wish to attend this course, please email the CHCS Office at firstname.lastname@example.org providing your name and organisation. We will verify your membership of SCHC then email you back, providing you with details of how to register.