Senior Regulatory Hazard Communication Specialist
Location: based at Hazelwood, Derbyshire or Blackley, Manchester
Salary: Competitive + benefits package
As a member of the Product Safety and Compliance Department, you will be responsible for providing expert Hazard Communication services for the European region. You will be a senior regulatory professional and work alongside our global team to ensure the progress of short/long term projects that support Lubrizol’s business objectives and met the corporation’s Ethical and Legal Conduct guidelines.
- Provide innovative strategies and solutions to complex, non-standard problems or opportunities to the Hazard Communication regulatory area
- Conduct health, environmental, physical and/or transportation hazard assessments on Lubrizol’s products, intermediates, raw materials and developmental materials
- Provide direction for SDS authoring, product regulatory management enhancements and system changes as a subject matter expert
- Lead high impact hazard communication projects that can ensure regulatory compliance of products and those that improve departmental/system efficiencies
- Proactively monitor, evaluate and communicate impact of new/amended hazard communication legislation/regulation focused on the EMEAI region
- Provide customer support and issue management resolution for regional hazard communication related matters
- Negotiate with regulatory authorities directly and/or through the use of consultants to support issue management
- Consult with business units, Product Stewardship, R&D, legal, supply chain, HSES and manufacturing on hazard communication strategies for new/existing products and raw materials
- Provide mentoring, coaching and technical training of less experienced staff and may directly manage others
Requirements – Education, Experience and Skills:
- Degree or higher in Chemistry, Toxicology, Chemical Engineering or related scientific discipline
- >5 years experience in a regulatory discipline or having other related industrial experience
- Knowledge and experience of GHS, EU REACH and CLP along with SDS authoring systems
- Knowledge and experience of exposure scenarios and eSDS requirements
- A broad understanding of other related regulation areas such as product/substance notifications, biocides and toxicology
- Ability to understand chemistry, product lines, markets served and business processes
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a global cross functional team environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and appropriately manage priorities
- Detail oriented and results driven
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with computer related databases and common business computer software programs such as SAP
- Past participation in industry consortia is a plus
In return we offer a comprehensive benefits package including discretionary annual bonus, competitive pension scheme, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, and private medical cover.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from a diverse range of applicants. All applicants will be considered entirely based on their relevant merits and abilities.
Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimise the quality, performance and value of customers’ products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
Click on the link below:
Senior Regulatory Hazard Communication Specialist (lubrizol.com)