Regulatory Projects Advisor
[ Download As A PDF ]
Role Title: Regulatory Projects Advisor
Role Function and Group: Product Stewardship & Regulatory Compliance
Location: Milton Hill
An opportunity to join a fast-growing field of industry with critical linkage to Infineum’s new product development and ongoing operations. This area has shifted from purely a behind-the-scenes, world of compliance to a complex and challenging business-critical organisation that helps drive Infineum strategy.
The role is in the Regulatory Projects team (part of PSRC), responsible for the implementation of new chemical management legislation across Infineum and the registration of new components to support Technology Must-Win projects. The successful candidate will be involved in both activities and the role will involve significant collaboration with internal stakeholders and external contacts.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and project manage the registration strategy for new and existing components in the EU and likely global notifications (e.g. China, USA etc) including updates as a result of dossier or substance evaluation
- Prepare substance registration dossiers for submission to the European Chemical Agency
- Collaborate with Infineum colleagues (Toxicology, Technology, and Procurement) and external third parties (Regulatory consultants, Toxicology laboratories, co-producers and industry consortia) to develop and implement the registration strategy
- Evaluate and interpret changes in relevant legislation through attendance at conferences and industry meeting meetings
- Provide clear and effective communication to other internal functions (e.g. Sales, Procurement, Marketing & Technology or Manufacturing etc) on our compliance obligations, project status and risks, and the impact of future regulatory developments on our Component strategies
- Support our affiliates, manufacturing sites and toll processors in meeting any enforcement obligations by government agencies
- In addition, the role may lead the implementation of future chemical substances registration projects (e.g. Eurasia, UK) or support implementation of existing projects
What skills will you gain from this role?
- You will gain valuable experience of the growing area of chemical regulations and its implementation across the range of Infineum businesses.
- The role will provide a good understanding of how external regulatory factors can affect the competitiveness for our commercial operations.
- Through dealing with other chemical companies in task forces and industry groups, you will develop relationship-building and influencing skills
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in chemistry or a related discipline such as chemical engineering
- Excellent problem-solving skills and good judgement in interpreting complex situations
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively including experience of presenting and justifying recommendations to stakeholders
- EU-REACH experience combined with regulatory aptitude (e.g. working in other types of regulatory areas, agrochem, biocides etc).
- It would be favourable to have some experience in complex problem-solving REACH issues in dossiers and exposure to other chemicals legislation in other countries – TSCA, China, K-REACH etc is desirable.
Candidates should apply via the Infineum website at: